Sunday, 14 August 2011
Eyebrows - Waxing vs Threading
WAXING VS THREADING
In the West, it is normal to get your eyebrows waxed and all salons offer this treatment right? In the East it is very unlikely to even have eyebrow waxing as an option on a treatment list. It will always be Threading!
1) More painful – Waxing is more painful than threading. Since threading only targets individual hairs, skin irritation is kept to a minimum, unlike waxing, which often causes unnecessary stretching and removal of the skin’s delicate top layers.
2) Not Perfect – Threading is very precise and allows to have a greater control than waxing, resulting in a better brow shape.
3) Not Natural – Threading is 100% natural; no artificial waxes, chemicals, or invasive techniques are used.
4) Anti-Acne – The majority of individuals that breakout from waxing tend to not to suffer the same effect from threading. Also, threading can be used for individuals who are currently using medications for acne-based skin conditions.
5) Harmful to the skin – Waxing can pull, stretch, and even remove the delicate skin on your face; eventually facilitating in the development of wrinkles! Threading does none of this!
6) Less safe - Threading is better for your skin. When you wax you not only pull the hair but also pull on the skin which is very delicate and after a while it will become'saggy'
7) Redness and no proper shape-Unlike threading, waxing makes the eye area red afterwards (for a longer period of time)and its painful and shaping is not as accurate.
So, do you still want your eyebrows waxed? If you haven't tried Threading before, now would be a great time to start!
I have been shaping my own eyebrows since I was a teenager and waxing was NEVER an option to me!